Are you struggling with debt?
Canterbury Debt Advice Centre provides a free, confidential, face-to-face service to those who are having difficulties with money. We are run by volunteers and members of The City Church. All advisers are fully trained to offer advice and provide a debt management plan for you.
We can help you get out of debt
A free debt advice service can reorganise your payments so you only pay what you can afford, and they will not add fees.
Debt Advisers offer both advice and advocacy for you. We work with you to find out what money you have coming in and going out, and offer help in getting your income to cover everything you need. When we have got a budget, we can use it to make your debt management plan. This means that we work out what you can actually afford to pay towards your debts each month, and arrange that directly with the people to whom you owe money.
To find out more or make an appointment contact us:
Phone: 01227 767600
How can debt advice help me?
- We sit down with you and your paperwork to work out what’s going on.
- We deal with the people to whom you owe money, so you don’t have to.
- We help you work out a budget so you can see what you have to spend.
- We make repayment arrangements that you can afford.
- We help if you are not sure how to get more income.
- We give information about the different ways to clear your debts.
- We give you a case worker you can contact when you have concerns.
What would we need from you?
- We will need to see as much of the paperwork that goes with your debts as possible.
- We need you to sign papers saying you are happy for us to work for you.
- We need you to be honest with us about your situation but we will keep everything confidential to the team of advisers.
- Once we have agreed a plan, you will need to pay the money directly to the people to whom it is owed, and keep up those payments.
Where can you find us?
We offer appointments at our offices (44 St Peter’s Street, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 2BG, UK) on Wednesday evenings. We are also at Time Out breakfast/lunch clubs in Canterbury, and can often arrange daytime appointments if necessary. Call us on 01227 767600 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more, or make an appointment.
Canterbury Debt Advice Centre is part of The City Church, a company limited by guarantee 06732225, registered Charity No. 1130031 and is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, No. 618714